Some notes from today:
- rode along highway 37 which follows the Kootenai River and the Koocanusa Lake. It is a beautiful road with very little traffic and stunning views. Lots of rolling hills so the climbing does add up.
- we reached the Libby dam a little over an hour after leaving Libby and several other cyclists showed up shortly thereafter. One couple was coming from the other direction and had been on the road since January when they started their tour in Key West. One fellow was a local from Libby who was just out for a day ride. Two riders were raising awareness for strokes (see spokes for strokes )
- about 12 KM after the libby dam we stopped at a marina on Lake Koocanusa where we enjoyed some lunch.
- we arrived in Eureka at 3:20pm
- sadly today is Jim's last day with us. As planned, he will be heading north tomorrow to hook up with his brother who will drive him back to Vancouver.
Our plan for tomorrow is to ride to Whitefish, about 83 KM away. Should be a short, easy day.